Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Reflection on Paraphrase practice

In these past few days we have been working on paraphrasing and on writing with quotes. I now have a deeper understanding on how to effectively paraphrase and use your own words to explain someone else's writing. This has helped me understand paraphrasing better and I now never have to worry about accidently plagiarizing someone else's work when I am paraphrasing.




1. Only use a direct quote when it adds power and stye to my writing.

2. Always make it clear, from context, that i understand the full meaning of the quote.
3. Whether I quote or paraphrase, I must always be transparent about the source and how I'm using it.
4. If I use another authors exact words or phrases, to any extent, I have to use quotation marks and give credit.
5. If I use another author's presentation of fact or idea, but put their ideas in my own words, (paraphrase) I better have a good reason for doing so, and I MUST give credit.
6. Hyperlinking is so easy, there is no excuse for not being transparent about my sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment